|Petition Date||November 17, 2011|
|Bankruptcy Court||United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York|
|Judge||Honorable Martin Glenn|
|General Bar Date to File Proof of Claim||February 23, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)|
|Governmental Bar Date to File Proof of Claim||May 15, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)|
|Effective Date||May 17, 2012|
- Effectiveness of the Plan of Reorganization. On May 17, 2012, the Effective Date under the Plan occurred and General Maritime successfully completed its restructuring and emerged from Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. For a copy of the Notice of Effective Date, please click here, and for a copy of the press release issued in connection with emergence, please click here.
- Confirmation of the Plan of Reorganization. On May, 3, 2012 at 11:00 a.m., the Bankruptcy Court confirmed the Second Amended Joint Plan of Reorganization of the Debtors Under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, dated April 19, 2012 (the “Plan”). The Plan implements a settlement on the terms of a consensual restructuring with the Creditors’ Committee, certain affiliates of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., and over 40% of the 12% Senior Notes due November 15, 2017. For a copy of the press release issued by the Company in connection with confirmation of the Plan, click here.
On May 7, 2012, the Bankruptcy Court entered the Order Confirming the Second Amended Joint Plan of Reorganization of the Debtors Under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code (the “Confirmation Order”). For a copy of the Confirmation Order, click here.
- Disclosure Statement. On February 29, 2012, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York entered an order approving the disclosure statement for General Maritime Corporation's proposed plan of reorganization (the "Plan"). Approval of the disclosure statement allows General Maritime to solicit approval of the Plan from its creditors.
- Plan Supplement. On April 12, 2012 and April 16, 2012 the Debtors filed substantially complete versions of the documents that comprise the Plan Supplement in connection with confirmation of the Plan. For copies of the documents comprising the Plan Supplement, click here.
- Rights Offering. Pursuant to the Modified Plan, the Debtors will no longer be implementing the Rights Offering.
- Claims Objection and Settlement Procedures. On March 15, 2012, the Court authorized the establishment of certain claims objection and settlement procedures. Please click here to view a copy of the related Order.
Please take notice that February 23, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. (Prevailing Eastern Time) has been established as the deadline (the "General Bar Date") by which a person or entity, other than governmental units, must file proofs of claim.
The deadline by which any governmental units must file proofs of claim (the "Governmental Bar Date") is May 15, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. (Prevailing Eastern Time).
See below for the Proof of Claim Form and location to file claims:
Proof of Claim Form
For the location to file a proof claim, please click here